Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jesus' Questions



Children's Pastor Darlene Thulson

I was struck, again, today by Jesus’ questions and what his purposes are when he raises them.  In John 6 Jesus asks Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?”  It’s the next statement that’s telling: 

“He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.”


How many times do I fail the test and think Jesus is asking me to come up with the solution for a problem on my own?  …when all along he just wants me to realize he is the only one who can solve this and bring peace.  My worried prayers (praying to the problem and not to the Problem Solver) can be as ridiculous as my anxiety and worry during last Sunday’s playoff game.   


My fretting did nothing to help the Broncos win.  My fretting will do nothing to bring peace to a friend or family member.  But I do believe my faithful interceding in the Spirit’s power can make a difference. 


So once again, I need to acknowledge the Provider of Living Water and Bread and offer myself into his plan for this broken world.  Remind me of David’s inspired words, Lord: 

“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
…do not fret – it leads only to evil.”  Psalm 37:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment